Ordinary Lovely nominated me for a Liebster Award. Thanks for thinking of me!
I don't think I've been asked to answer a series of questions about myself since back in the day when I had a Xanga page (oh yes I did!). Here are my responses, and a few nominations.
1. Have you ever had something stolen from you?
Yes, our car got broken into while we were living at our old place, and our GPS was stolen. The thief left the power cord, though, so I contented myself with the thought that maybe it would be useless to him anyways.
2. Show us your favorite internet meme or cartoon.
hmm...I don't know about favorite. Let me just pull a couple things I have saved in my "funny" folder on the computer (yes, I have such a thing).
3. Can you show us a picture that tells us something about you (no words)?
4. What's one of your guilty pleasures?
Reading celebrity gossip magazines when I get my hands on them in waiting rooms, etc.
5. Is there a hobby/sport you'd like to learn?
I'd like to get better at quilting. Maybe learn some embroidery some day (I do cross-stitch now). It would be awesome to know how to play banjo, but honestly, I don't "want to learn" because that would involve hours and hours of practice, and I really don't have the time.
6. How do you see yourself spending your retirement (or golden years, as it were!)
Hopefully, I will have lots of kids and grandkids visiting a lot. I'm hoping I'll never have to really be an "empty-nester"....if I still have my youngest kids in the house by the time grandkids start to come, it might work out. It would be awesome to do some traveling with my husband, but it will really depend on what kind of savings we have by then, and right now it's hard to imagine it will be much.
7. What was one of the most thoughtful gifts you've received?
There was a large old painting of St. Thérèse a friend had that I really loved, and praised every time I visited. For my birthday, he arranged for a bunch of friends to chip in and buy me the same painting that he had found for sale in the local Catholic used book store. It's hanging on the wall right above me now :-)
8. What's your biggest pet peeve?
Not sure if this is the biggest, or even - technically speaking - a pet peeve. But as I've mentioned before, I basically flip out anytime the kids spill a drink....I'm working on it.
9. Have you started your Christmas shopping or crafting?
We have a gift box in our basement that we add things to as we find them throughout the year. I have one gift for my mom, one for a friend, and several for the kids right now.
10. Blogger's Choice: You pick that awesome question that I'm forgetting to ask.
"Christine, do you have a name for your unique decorating style that is made up of mostly thrifted, given away, or trash-picked treasures?"
Yes, I do. "Second-hand chic." Which would be the name of my decorating book if I ever wrote one, but I probably never will...because people who are interested in second-hand stuff don't buy things new anyways :-P
*****I'm going to pass this award on to some ladies I know in real life (or have at least met). I'd love to read your responses, but don't feel pressured to participate if you aren't interested or simply don't have the time!
Rosemary at Rosemary's Fancy
Katie at Think of Lovely Things
Kim at The Kearful Life
Caitlyn at Harvesting Home
Eva at Humblebee Home
Mary at Castle Keane
Pax at Peace Among Thorns
Caitlin at Easy as ABC
MamaRoc at Fifth of Five
Amelia at One Catholic Mama
Kellie at The Life Pursuit
Here are the new questions for my nominees:
1. What's one thing you do really well?
2. What's your favorite blog post you've written (include link)?
3. What is one blog post or article by another writer that has stuck with you for a long time (include link)?
4. Are you a "cat person" or a "dog person"?
5. How well do you get along with your siblings?
6. Do you subscribe to any publications?
7. If your house was on fire, and you had time to grab ONE object to save (assume all other people and pets are already out safely), what would it be?
8. Are there any kids' toys that you suspect you might enjoy playing with as much as/more than the kids?
9. What kind of candy will you be handing out for Halloween?
10. Have you ever seen or experienced something you suspect was supernatural?