Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Prep, in a Few Pictures

Sly still mostly just plays with the animals of the Nativity set, but the other day, I found this cute scene he arranged

We got our dining room furniture over the weekend!!  An aunt and uncle of Tom's didn't want them anymore, because they were "too fancy".  We still have a lot of items that need to find a new permanent home, but things are already coming together well.

The wood is cherry and very beautiful.  I wish I'd taken a picture of the table before I put the oilcloth on, but it was a pain to deal with, so maybe next time it's off.  If,  that is,  I am ever stupid enough to allow the one nice piece of furniture I own to be unprotected in a house with young children!

I've always wanted a china cabinet!!

I bought this 12-serving dish set on Craigslist for a mere $40.  Because you can't have a china cabinet with no nice china to display, right?  (at least that's the line I used on Tom, and it worked!).   I arranged all our crystal pieces on the right side of the cabinet.  I was amazed to realize how much crystal we own.  Most of it was wedding gifts. 

Ok, it case anyone was wondering... NO!  STELLA DOES NOT NEED ANY MORE CHRISTMAS OUTFITS!!! There are fifteen in this picture, and another one in the wash right now.  They were all hand-me-downs or gifts from the grandparents.  And believe it or not, they are all size 3-6 months.  So all my future babies need to be born in the late summer, I guess...


4 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! That picture of Stella surrounded by her Christmas finery is ridiculously awesome!

    Also, your dining furniture looks amazing! Can't wait to see how the rest of the switcheroo is going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Christmas outfits--so funny!

    And I am sooo jealous of you for owning a china cabinet!! That is the top of my wishlist. Of course, right now we have no place to put it, so it's just as well we don't own one, but still ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, your furniture is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed Stella in the picture at first glance. I giggled when I saw her :)

    ReplyDelete