Thursday, April 14, 2016

{p,h,f,r,} Flora in Eastertide

I'm not sure if I've ever participated in this time-honored series that's hosted at Like Mother Like Daughter, but I do always enjoy seeing others' posts of this sort, so I'll throw in my own little contribution this time and see how it goes.


~Pretty~

A plate of Easter eggs that I keep on the dinner table.  The fully painted ones are wooden eggs that I've collected from here and there.  The white ones are real blown eggs I made and decorated with colored wax.



~Happy~

Lots of happy things these past couple weeks.

We had our traditional wedding anniversary dinner late at night after the kids went to bed.  It's the one time a year we splurge on the really good steaks from the butcher's case.


Flora got baptized, and our good friends from college came into town to be her godparents.


 And....a baby in a lamb hat.  If that doesn't make you happy, nothing will :-)

Simba!


~Funny~

Flora conked out on Tom's lap while he drinks a beer.


~Real~

When a baby falls asleep on a Boppy pillow on your lap, but you have things to do....you gotta do what you gotta do!  We've gotten pretty good at finding objects to slip in and substitute for our own bodies/arms/warmth, effectively tricking our babies into staying asleep when we need to put them down.



9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Flora asleep in the lamb's hat might just be the sweetest thing I have ever seen!
    Also, your eggs are lovely.
    And...did I mention how happy I am that you are blogging again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the boppy is so useful in multiple ways! a full week for you, of good things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your eggs are gorgeous! A hundred times better than those ol' plastic eggs.
    What a precious girl in that little lamb hat. I kind of wish they made Boppy's in adult sizes so we could curl up like that too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those eggs are lovely. I'm hoping to start accumulating some. :) My mom has a massive collection of wooden eggs, many of them from the Polish shrine for Our Lady of Czestochowa near Philadelphia. :)

    And Flora in that lamb hat is darling!!! Sorry that we couldn't make the baptism!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your eggs! And I'm also a fan of letting the baby nap on the boppy... So much for the rules!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the eggs! Also love Flora's lamb hat and floral sleeper. I almost bought that same sleeper for my daughter 3 different times but I kept talking myself out of it (money and all). It makes me happy to see it on others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I think that sleeper is beautiful (if such a strong word can be used for something so common!) too. It was a gift from my MIL :-)

      Delete
  7. Your anniversary dinner looks so fun! And I can't get over the Simba picture. I love it.

    ReplyDelete