Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day

 Tomorrow is Valentine's Day.  I don't think Tom and I have ever really celebrated it before, beyond perhaps exchanging cards.  I just feel like there are so many other "more legitimate" holidays during the year for which we're already getting each other gifts or going out to spend money...my birthday, his birthday, our anniversary, Christmas...and now Mother's Day/Father's Day (because Sly is still too young to do anything for us himself). 

I did spend yesterday afternoon with some lady friends, making chocolate-dipped strawberries, Oreos, and pretzels.  My boys have already devoured them, so I didn't get a chance to get a picture.

We decided a few days ago that we would just make each other homemade cards this year.  I was seriously just expecting to break out the construction paper and glitter, and make the same sort of creation I would have made in elementary school.  I really thought that would be sufficient.  But then Tom started asking me mysterious questions about where my scrap fabric was kept, and where certain electronic parts were....so now I feel some pressure to do something a little more original! 

Tom's working from home today, so I don't really have much privacy to sit and work on my card.  I think tonight after the toddlerman's in bed, I'll have to barricade myself in the office and come up with something...I will try to share our creations on here in a few days.



No comments:

Post a Comment