Monday, May 23, 2011

Flea Market Season!

As an avid collector of things that are old and bought cheaply (read: junk), I always look forward to the return of warm weather and the flea markets and garage sales that come with it. On Saturday, I stopped at two flea markets, and scooped up a handful of things...

Okay, I know this is totally cheesy, but I think it could be really cute in the kitchen someday. I have to wait until I have more little chickies, though. Or I guess those are ducklings? Goslings? ($2)

I picked up these two framed prints. The one above shows June flowers, and the one below has February. I feel like I've seen these in many old Victorian-era houses.

Pretty, but they'll have to wait until we live in a bigger home. No room left on our walls! ($2 each)


Some Little Critter books for Sly, when he's a little older. I love Little Critter! ($0.25 each)


The same toy Little Tikes firetruck we had as kids! Sly already loves playing with the firemen. And he even sits on the floor and rolls the truck back and forth. Last night Tom said, "look at him! He's a little boy playing with his truck!" ($2)

A math book, which might come in handy if my homeschooling plans come together in the future. I used this same book in, what...third grade? ($1)

Some religious jigsaw puzzles. I also got a Sermon on the Mount one, not pictured. ($0.25 each)


Pretty serving dish for sidedishes. ($1)


If anyone else scores some good thrifty finds this summer, share a link in the comments so I can check them out!

1 comment:

  1. i'm so glad you were inspired by my last post! i so want a white table with yellow and turquoise chairs.

    what great finds! you must reveal where your favorite thrift stores and flea markets are in the area!

    ReplyDelete