Tuesday, November 27, 2012

In Praise of Cyber Monday

I've heard of "Cyber Monday" for the past couple years, but I never actually bothered to venture onto the internet to do my shopping on that particular day.  I didn't realize that basically EVERY website out there offers AMAZING deals.  I'm kicking myself now for having already ordered most of our online Christmas gifts before Thanksgiving.  Next year, I definitely need to hold out until the Monday after.  I didn't realize how good the deals were until about 10:30 last night, at which point I launched a frenzied internet search for a new pair of black boots, which I desperately need.  It was more stressful than it should have been, and I kept calling the exasperated husband up to the computer to show him the new batch of options, and get his opinion.  But I beat the clock, and got the discount!

I ended up getting these boots from Famous Footwear.  Originally $90, but I snagged them for $35.99 with free shipping!  Not bad, Christine, not bad.  There are also many great deals to be found right after Christmas, but I know from experience that boots are mostly sold out by then (especially when you wear the frustratingly hard-to-find size 11), so I didn't want to risk it.

Anyways, I think a lot of sites are still offering partial discounts for the rest of the week.  So if you're going to be doing any shopping online, make sure to get it all in soon!

3 comments:

  1. I think it depends on what you are looking for as to whether or not you'll get a better deal on Cyber Monday. I have found over the past few years that I get better deals on most toys and things of that nature for my kids in October. This year I was in the market for a new SLR camera, I got an amazing deal on Saturday where as, the price for the same camera was significantly higher on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. I think many of the online Black Friday sales were better than the Cyber Monday deals...at least for the items I was buying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought part of Keith's gift on Monday--it was quite a bit cheaper than it would have been otherwise! I wish I had taken more advantage of it, but I don't know what else I'm getting for other people yet, so.

    Bad thing: there are always a lot of yarn sales on cyber Monday, too! Such temptation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a ton of clothes for the boys and our angel tree child at church from Children's Place on Cyber Monday and saved a ton of money plus got free shipping. I was thrilled. :)

    ReplyDelete