Friday, November 4, 2011

Using Cloth WIPES

I have an admission to make.  Despite my joyful ravings all the time about the wonders of cloth diapers, I have yet to work up the courage to try using cloth wipes.  All this time, we've just been buying the disposable kind!  It's certainly easier, but I think I'm ready to finally give cloth wipes a go.  They'd have many of the same advantages as the cloth diapers...much cheaper, better for the environment... and since I'm doing diaper laundry anyways, they can just go right in the wash with them!

I'm going to mix up the wipe solution this afternoon, and start the trial today.  I'll give an update in a couple of days about how it's going :-)

4 comments:

  1. We just use baby washcloths and plain ol' tap water. Works great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, man. Now I wish I didn't give away all my baby washcloths! They seemed superfluous when we had regular-sized ones that worked just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking of you when she was talking about reusable TP on Conversion Diary! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Rosemary. I read that post. I never even *considered* using that for adults, but...it totally makes sense. I'm definitely intrigued. I convinced Tom to go for the cloth diapers, cloth wipes, and cloth napkins in our kitchen (all of which he's now just as pleased with as I am)...but something tells me that convincing him that we should try cloth toilet paper might be a bit more difficult!

    ReplyDelete